Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Flourless Chocolate Cake with Pear, Macadamia and Creme Chantilly


Beautiful juicy pears from the vacant house over the back.
Recipe from the June 2011 iss-yoo of Real Living Magazine.


I'm trying to think of the right word to describe this cake, but I keep
coming back to "flat on the tongue".
I dunno even know what that means!
You know that flat feeling that goes across the mid back of your tongue?
No?
Just me then?
It's very cocoaish - without the sugar.
The first piece I had, was while it was still warm, and I was disappointed.
The second piece - the next day, I liked A LOT better.
The flavours seemed to compliment one another much better.
And the pears!!!
Heavenly.
I think by my third piece, I'll be totally in love with it.
It's a grown-up kinda cake.


Wanna taste?
I'll slip some in the mail.


Added: can most DEFINITELY confirm - after pieces 3,4,5 & 6,
this cake is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS.


Photos: June, 2011
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...