Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Coffee and Walnut Cake


It was one of those booky, readingy, coffeey, listening to laid-back music kind of days.
I was hanging with my trusty side-kick Buster thinking it's more like an
Autumn day than a Spring one.
The ghosts of 'autumn cakes past' were calling me.

I had a recipe I was keen to have a go at so I chopped some firewood
and stoked up the old range (or more accurately, clicked the gas gun
and fired up the white enamel Chef cooker) and set to work.


This recipe has a big slurp of sour cream in it and then it's all the
regular gang, butter, flour, eggs, sugar.
A whizz around with the electric beater then in the oven.
Easy Peasy.


You can't beat the flavour of baked walnuts in a cake, can you?
I love 'em.
Think I'll pop on over to my neighbours and share a big fat slice.





Photos: Spring, 2011
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...