Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Green Apple Jelly


Lots of apples on the two trees at Pendlebury Hill.
And these are just the Granny Smiths - there are 5 other varieties.


I've never cooked with apples before - so this is my first go!
AND - I've never tasted Apple Jelly before.
Green Apple Jelly can be used in other jams as a pectin base for fruits
that don't have too much - like strawberries or cherries.
But I'm not too sure how much will end up in other jams coz it is
DE-LISH-US!
Why didn't anybody ever tell me how good Apple Jelly is?!!
And why don't you hear more about Apple Jelly?


It's super easy to make - and coz Christine Ferber is French it feels kinda fancy.


I'm so glad I lashed out and spent $8.95 for a confectionery thermometer coz without I would have taken the mixture off the stove too early - it took a good 5 minutes more than I would have given it to reach the correct temperature - that is, at which it would set.

It's the prettiest colour.
Like pink champagne.
I love it on toasted fruit muffins with salty butter.
Drool.






Photos: Home - April, 2011
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...